Our day at Richfield High School started at 8 am with a large number of DZ women walking into the building in whites. It must have looked a little strange to the neighbors! After the initiation, the collegiates headed into the cafeteria for large group presentations while the Alumnae group changed into their badge attire, set up registration, rose tree table, DZ designs, and the basket raffle tables. The collegiates then visited the tables during their breaks. This left a lot of time for the Alumnae to chat and relax. After lunch, several Alumnae members led or participated in concurrent sessions for the women of Region 8. Some of the topics were LinkedIn, networking, finance, philanthropy and alumnae life. These sessions were informative and seemed well received except for the live mouse who attended the sessions in Rm 107(eeeek!). The Awards dinner finished the day!
Highlights of the day:
- The Rose Tree earned $322.00.
- The DZ designs table was profitable as well and that amount will also go to the Gamma Scholarship.
- Several alumnae in attendance officially joined TCA!
- Over 20 alumnae members were in attendance.
Awards Dinner Highlights:
- Stephanie presented our Gamma Scholarship to Nicole Huynh of Creighton University. Nicole wasn't able to make it to Region Day and a photo and info on her will be coming soon.
- Paula received a Founders Award.
- Paula presented the Philanthropy Awards.
- Barb performed part of the Senior Ceremony.
- All Alumnae were invited to the front of the room to receive a rose and DZ pen from Region 8 while being beautifully serenaded by a collegiate from Beta Tau.
- The Alumnae donated a cute pool party basket to the raffle.
- Our members won 7 baskets in the raffle with Shelley, Lesley, and Barb each winning 2! The collegiates were a little jealous until they saw our lines of tickets! - The raffle raised over $500 from the Region for the DZ Foundation.
We finally left the high school (with 3 carloads of shoes - more on that later) about 9:15 pm after a long and fun day! Next year, Region day will be back in the Twin Cities and we look forward to another fantastic event!!
Watch the short video to see just how much fun we had!